Forsea, a groundbreaking cultivated meat company, is seeking a Food Engineer to join our innovative R&D team.
As a Food Engineer at Forsea, you will play a crucial role in leading food product and process development from concept to commercialization. Your expertise will be essential in creating customized formulations, driving product innovations, and optimizing existing products. You will leverage your technical insights and product development skills to pioneer new cultivated seafood products. Our ideal candidate will have a background in plant-based proteins and an understanding of cultivated meat processes. This position is based in Rehovot.
- Utilize technical expertise to drive cultivated seafood product development.
- Identify, evaluate, and commercialize new product opportunities through market insights and cutting-edge technologies.
- Qualify new equipment and processes for product commercialization.
- Oversee lab bench-top and manufacturing scale-up batches, offering technical support to various teams.
- Develop and submit product commercialization support documentation, including finished product specifications, raw material specifications, and label reviews.
- Prepare shelf-life testing samples and prototype customer samples, and review testing protocols.
- Collaborate with Protein Research's production team to improve product formulations and production processes.
- Partner with local packaging companies to recommend packaging options for new product opportunities.
- Support the R&D team by identifying and sourcing new and innovative ingredients.
- Master the internal formulation system for development and commercialization.
- Build a network of external contacts, including customers, vendors, consultants, and educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) and plant-based product development is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in flavour systems and sensory evaluation techniques.
- Strong formulation skills and a deep understanding of ingredient functionality and nutrition.
- A solid foundation in Food Science and Chemistry.
- Knowledge of Nutritional Facts and Supplement Facts. Regulatory knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in conducting plant trials and process validation testing.
- Familiarity with product shelf-life testing techniques and procedures is advantageous.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, laboratory instrumentation, troubleshooting, and laboratory analysis.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret technical procedures.
*Note: The position is open to all qualified candidates, regardless of gender.
If you don't have an email client set up, please copy the email address and send your CV manually to firstname.lastname@example.org